Constantly trying to improve and discover myself, I always bring an open mind, creativity, and enthusiasm to every opportunity. Hoping to discover my passion and drive through communication I will continue to grow into a successful woman not only in a career but in life.
Pine Lake Preparatory
August 2008 – June 2016
Graduated with a 3.8 GPA, took Advanced Placement science classes, received a scholarship from the school for standing as a leader all throughout high school, captain of the cheer and golf team for two years, received the presidential community service award every year.
University of South Carolina
August 2016 – December 2017
Freshman yr and sophomore yr, majoring in Biology and standing at a 3.8 GPA, involved in HER campus, campus ministries, and traveled every weekend while maintaining intense studies.
North Carolina State University
January 2018 – Current
Senior, majoring in meteorology with a 3.0 GPA. Apart of the North Carolina State University Weather Center Broadcasting Club.
Receptionist | Dr. Christopher J. Dirig DDS
August 2009 – Current
Filed insurance with insurance companies daily, welcoming customer service in person and on the phone, kindly calling and confirming patients daily and making sure they are aware of their appointments, Rescheduling patients daily with a goal to ultimately please the patient, Respected for personal qualities, including responsible, intelligent, firm, and organized.
Miss Statesville | Miss America
August 2016 – August 2017
Rebranded the Miss Statesville image and attracting new members, surveying and reaching new target audiences, wrote content, and designed graphics for Miss Statesville, Initiated and linked own Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts doubling number of friends/followers, skilled at verbal and written communication, customer relationship management, and public relations campaigns to drive sales and gain competitive edge, partnered with committee on team project, demonstrating how social media and traditional media work, skilled in writing, presentations, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
Sales Associate/ Product Model | Salice Boutique
April 2015 – September 2016
Met/ set sales quotas every month and set sales records. Top notch customer service and promoted products, answered to customer inquiries, and collected payments. Incredible ability to sell, resilience, customer service orientation, consulted customers and gave fashion advice to best fit the customers’ needs, designed and executed window displays, assisted in selecting and ordering new merchandise. Wore clothing to be photographed and posted online to promote the store.
Monitor | Academic Support Program for Student Athletes at NCSU
January 2017- January 2018
We promote excellence among the student-athlete population to help them meet their academic, personal and professional development goals. As a monitor we enforce NCAA guidelines and expectations for NC State University. We were responsible for:
- Monitoring check-in/check-out for all student-athletes entering/exiting the facility
- Assist the tutorial and academic support staff on tutor/student-athlete pairings
- Special projects assigned requiring data collection, analysis, and interpretation of reports for multiple staff
Intern | Fox Sports
May 2018- August 2018
Provided production support for week day and weekend NASCAR studio shows:
• Making clip reels
• Cutting b-roll
• Supporting feature producers on remote shoots, and other various projects as dictated by show producers.
Through this internship I created my first reel for television, became incredibly efficient in Adobe Premiere and gained experience and exposure to studio production through hands on experience that fully immersed me into the daily broadcast workflow. I attended daily rundown meetings, received my own assignments that aired on live television, spent significant time in the control room, editing bays, on set and in the field.
Miss Capital City| Miss America
March 2019 – Current
The job is an exciting, fun, challenging Year of Service that requires energy, positivity, professionalism and courtesy while engaging in extensive travel all over the state of North Carolina.
• Public speaking is an essential role of being Miss Capital City.
I research and prepare speeches to deliver to audiences of all sizes. I speak with the media and represent the Miss North Carolina Organization as Miss Capital City with sponsors and partners, students and corporate executives.
• I have spoken to over 500 students in Wake County about the importance of mental health and how they can be advocates for their own mental health.
• I am in charge of my social media and take extreme pride in my content and what I push out into the world.
• I have earned over $7,000 in scholarship dollars to put towards my education at North Carolina State University.
• Most importantly, we are role models in our communities. I understand the importance of networking and being connected to the community around you.
- Excellent Communicator
- Self Driven
- Hard Worker
- Efficient in Adobe Premiere
Awards and Acknowledgements
- 2 Keys to the City of Statesville for outstanding community service work in 2015 and 2017
- Placed in the Top 15 at Miss North Carolina’s Outstanding Teen in 2015
- There is a scholarship placed in my name titled Grace Madeline Dirig Community Service Award